Ecopetrol is a state-managed agency under the Columbian Ministry of Mines and Energy. Ecopetrol manages all facets of the Columbian gas industry including upstream (research, discovery and capacity planning) and downstream (transportation, refining and sale).
Ecopetrol engaged Intellective, a Vega company, to provide oversight and architectural analysis for its planned implementation of IBM FileNet P8 in compliance of state mandated records management requirements. Intellective leveraged its understanding of records management and the petroleum industry to assist Ecopetrol in implementation of a distributed content management system. This system allows enforced control of service and engineering records for broadly dispersed equipment including pumping stations, pipelines, refineries, and communications stations.
- Centralized records control in P8 for both compliance and ISO9000 enforcement
- Geographic distribution allowing data files in excess of 5Gb in size to be locally available to remote sites over limited bandwidth, while maintaining strict security of content
- Understanding and minimizing licensing impact of core products in a distributed environment
- Centralization of document validation in a distributed capture environment
- Automation of records and life-cycle management
- Conversion of key content collection from hard-copy to electronic forms
Intellective was able to guide Ecopetrol to a successful solution, leveraging our experience and local resources. Through a process of rigorous planning, practical mentoring, and deep solutions knowledge Ecopetrol was able to meet its goal on time and on budget.
EcoPetrol successfully deployed a distributed Content Management System that allowed them to stay in compliance with government regulations and provided better control of service and engineering methods for pumping stations, refineries, pipelines, and communications stations.
READ MORE ABOUT OUR GOVERNANCE, RISK MANAGEMENT, AND COMPLIANCE CONSULTING
Our consulting team helps bring insight into where your key risks lie, whether they are operational, privacy, information, application, IT, or security-related, and help you build a strategy for sound governance, risk management, and compliance. See the page here